Full-time position in our Franklin, TN Headquarters. The Patient Contact Claims Specialist is responsible for contacting patients to gather insurance benefit information for accident claims from auto, home, other liability, and health policies and providing a positive experience for the patient following their hospital visit. Explains the coordination of insurance benefits for patients in a way that the patient understands. Maintains proper account documentation in case management program and other computer systems. Responds to email and phone correspondence per department guidelines. Resolves any issues noted in the QA work reviews. Continues education and professional development by attending staff training, department breakfast and Learns, etc. Assists with new employee training. Provides initial one-on-one training in position basics and best practices, and serves as a resource for new employees. Completes special reports as required, such as aged reports, checklist audits, denial reports, etc. Performs special projects as assigned. Utilize effective skills in verbal and written communications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of experience in a professional office environment is required; experience in health and/or auto insurance preferred.
- Experience with Coordination of Benefits and Subrogation requirements is a plus. Working knowledge of computer functions including the internet, and computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and Word Perfect; working knowledge of or ability to learn AcciClaim and SharePoint is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to speak on a one-to-one basis with patients using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to explain what is required and obtain information while typing the patient’s response.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow-through on assignments with minimal direction, along with a high level of attention to detail.
MRA offers a full array of Total Rewards from traditional varieties of compensation and benefits to personal growth and recognition. Some of these benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, flex-scheduling around core business hours, paid time off, flexible spending account, 401k matching, achievement recognition and more!
MRA participates in E-Verify, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and State Regulations.
Medical Reimbursements of America (MRA) provides specialty reimbursement solutions that identify and recover additional revenue for hospitals and health systems nationwide. Our team of specialized attorneys, revenue cycle experts, and account resolution specialists has shaped the motor vehicle and work comp recovery industries, delivering results to leading health systems nationwide. Now, in addition to managing complex accident claims, our MRA Integrity™ solution provides payment integrity services that identify and recover underpayments for health claims considered to be “paid in full”, including a unique approach to recovering underpayments from traditional Medicare. Together, MRA services deliver new revenue and the assurance that hospitals capture every available revenue dollar. Based in Franklin, Tennessee, MRA continues to proudly serve as the definitive source for specialty reimbursement services for more than 500 hospitals and health systems nationwide.