Full-time position in our Franklin, TN Headquarters. The Insurance Claims Specialist investigates and coordinates no-fault benefits for accident claims from auto, home or other liability insurance policies. Resolves accounts as quickly and accurately as possible, obtaining maximum reimbursement. Reviews and researches accident claims to investigate possible leads. Contacts patients, insurance representatives, and attorneys to verify relevant details. Bills no-fault and third-party liability carriers when appropriate. Requests documentation from insurance representatives when no no-fault insurance exists. Closes and returns claims to client upon resolution using correct text and procedures in regards to denial process. Maintains proper account documentation in MRA’s case management system, AcciClaim. Responds to email and phone correspondence per department guidelines. Assists Manager with new employee training. Provides initial one-on-one training in position basics and best practices, and serves as a resource for new employees. Completes special reports as required, such as aged reports, checklist audits, denial reports, etc. Performs special projects as assigned. Maintains confidential information in order to not disclose Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively
- Proven ability to speak on a one-to-one basis with patients, attorneys and adjusters using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to explain what is required and obtain information.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow-through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail in order to produce accurate work, often under minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to be assertive in order to proactively resolve issues.
- Must be skilled in problem analysis and resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and set priorities according to situational demands.
- Working knowledge of computer functions including the internet, and computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and Word Perfect; working knowledge of or ability to learn AcciClaim and SharePoint.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of experience in a professional office environment required; experience in health and/or auto insurance preferred.
- Experience with Coordination of Benefits and Subrogation requirements is a plus.
MRA participates in E-Verify, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and State Regulations.
Medical Reimbursements of America (MRA) provides specialty reimbursement solutions that identify and recover additional revenue for hospitals and health systems nationwide. Our team of specialized attorneys, revenue cycle experts, and account resolution specialists has shaped the motor vehicle and work comp recovery industries, delivering results to leading health systems nationwide. Now, in addition to managing complex accident claims, our MRA Integrity™ solution provides payment integrity services that identify and recover underpayments for health claims considered to be “paid in full”, including a unique approach to recovering underpayments from traditional Medicare. Together, MRA services deliver new revenue and the assurance that hospitals capture every available revenue dollar. Based in Franklin, Tennessee, MRA continues to proudly serve as the definitive source for specialty reimbursement services for more than 500 hospitals and health systems nationwide.
MRA offers a full array of Total Rewards from traditional varieties of compensation and benefits to personal growth and recognition. Some of these benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, flex-scheduling around core business hours, paid time off, flexible spending account, 401k matching,